MANILA, Philippines - The ordeal of two sisters, who were allegedly repeatedly drugged and raped for months by their own father, ended when one of their classmates was also victimized and had him arrested by the Quezon City Police District (QCPD).
The suspect, a 33-year-old businessman, had allegedly been “forcing” his two daughters – aged 16 and 14 – to take shabu for months, said Superintendent Crisostomo Mendoza, commander of the QCPD Station 4.
“Some of the instances (of rape) happened as early as last year,” Mendoza said in an interview.
The suspect’s partner, Myra Sison, 35, reportedly helped him take advantage of the sisters, the businessman’s children from a previous relationship. “She would be the one to grip the hands of the two when the crime happened,” Mendoza said.
The sisters’ ordeal ended when one of their classmates stayed over at their house in North Wind Subdivision in Barangay Nagkaisang Nayon. At around 1 a.m. Thursday, all three girls were allegedly drugged and raped.
The classmate managed to escape from the house and told a relative about the rape. This led police to arrest the businessman. Sison remains at large.
According to Mendoza, the businessman had undergone inquest proceedings for rape charges. No bail was recommended.
The same complaint against Sison will undergo further investigation by the fiscal, Mendoza said.
The sisters are in the custody of local social workers. - By Reinir Padua (Philstar News Service, www.philstar.com)