BOSTON GOOD NEWS-Man pays for a mother&daughter's resto bill



According to the Huffington Post, a US waiter says his faith in humanity was restored after a diner secretly picked up the bill for a pair of strangers who he overheard receiving a devastating diagnosis.
“While waiting tables tonight, a mother and daughter started crying mid-meal,” the Boston-area waiter wrote in a Reddit post.
“I had no idea what happened until a single guy at the table next to them handed me this note [seen to the right] with his bill. Faith in humanity, restored.”
The waiter tells the Huff post:
The single guy who had been sitting next to them had been friendly to me all evening, making jokes and such. When he was finished I gave him his check, and inside the billfold was his credit card and the note that I took a picture of. I combined the 2 checks, and he paid for both. I waited until after he had left to tell them their check had been taken care of. The mother was overwhelmed with gratitude, as was I. It was a great evening.
Responding to the story on Rditt, one user shared a similair story saying He and his family were eating at Applebee’s, getting ready to say goodbye to his father who had been deployed to Iraq.
“That night a stranger picked up our check. I’m sure they don’t even think about it any more, but it sticks in my mind. That gesture of respect and comfort meant the world to our family. I guess my point is that I want to say thanks to my stranger, and to the stranger who paid this bill,” he wrote.
Have you ever paid for a stranger’s meal? Or has a stranger ever covered your tab?
boston mystery diner mother cried even harder

Comments

Popular Posts